Monday, August 10, 2009

Thank the Lord Above


This is a photo that was taken shortly after I entered into Young Womens. It was one of the first activities I'd attended, and as you can tell, I didn't feel very comfortable in that dress. Just as the photo was taken, somebody said quite loud, that I needed boobs, at the time, that was embarassing to me. When I first saw this picture, I cringed. Wondered what the hell I was thinking agreeing to put that thing on. I've always been kind of a Tomboy, and don't like being in frilly, girly dresses.

I looked at this picture for a while after I found it a few months ago, and then pulled out one of my wedding photos, and realized what a butterfly I have turned into. I'm glad I didn't have the "princess" dress, that I was simple and "thrifty" with my choice of wedding dress. Though it was so simple, I had more compliments on it than I expected, and was so amazed at how well it turned out. I was worried it wouldn't turn out like I had in my head, but it was so much better. The kicker is when I look at that now, I realize how it has a bit of a Renassance look to it. That is what I love about the dress, and Mom likes that too. Here's a photo of that dress. Such a better one than the above.

3 comments:

fivelive said...

Emma is sittiing here with me and said mom look it's the princess. and I do think you were a butterfly then too. Every one has their awkward stage in life and even though you were in that awkward stage you were more beautiful than most. Love reading your blogs.

Chrystal said...

Definitely better. The funny thing is that when I saw that first photo, I thought it was one of those boards where you put your head in the hole from the back so it looks like you are in the photo. LOL!

Jester said...

Thanks Carrie, that's sweet of you, and means a lot for you to say that.

Chrystal, I can see why you'd think that, and MAN do I wish it were true. That dress was really uncomfortable. Glad you guys like the entry.