Friday, August 7, 2009

Layla Jean Christiansen

I've babysat Layla and Colby Christiansen for quite some time now, at least for all of Layla's life. At first, she would have nothing to do with Dave, she was all about being around me, now that she's older, it's reversed. She totally adores Dave and has nothing to do with me or anyone else when he's in the room. Lately she's been trying to walk, and it's fun to watch her take her first few steps before taking the easy way out and begins to crawl. As you can see in the photo, she isn't very big, and it's kind of wierd to see this "midget" baby walking through the room.
Like her older brother, Layla has a lot of personality, and is quite smart for a toddler. I got a wild hair the other day when they were here, and began to teach her how to say "eat" and "more" in sign language. She got them after the first try. I must say that my favorite thing about babysitting is watching the kids grow and learn new things. To think the most simple things in life are exciting and new, experience things for the first time. I like being a help in their development, and try to do things that aren't just educational, but fun as well. I adore these kids, and love watching them.

No comments: