Sunday, April 26, 2009

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes

Recently my integrity was in question, along with how I run my babysitting. The issues that caused all of this really cut me to the core, and although I just wanted to seclude myself and wallow in my pain, I had to continue working. Layla and Colby have been around me since all this started, and I've been such a wreck that I had to ask Dave for a well needed blessing. I LOVE the power of the priesthood.

Yesterday, Colby went out of his way to pay attention to me and be a friend. While he was sitting in my lap, I told this very intelligent 4yr old that the reason I was so upset and kept crying is because I've been told I was a bad babysitter. Yes, I may be taking that too hard, but it's something I love to do, watch kids since I don't have any of my own yet. When somebody attacks me that way, I take it hard, and it hurts DEEP!

When I told Colby about being a bad babysitter, he looked up at me seriously, and said something that I will never forget, and made me smile. He said "Jess, when I come over again, I'll teach you how to be a good babysitter." I told him thank you, and smiled. He and Layla have been a big help through this hard time, as well as my friends and family. The one thing I love the most about watching children are the things they say. You can not only teach a child a lot, but you can learn a lot from them as well. I know why they say be like children, not only are they innocent, but they see the world in a simple way, not complicated, and that's how it should be.

No comments: