Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Very Special Mother's Day Wish


I was diagnosed with PCOS, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. For those of you who don't know much about it, basically I have cysts on my ovaries, my body produces more testosterone than normal, and I'm at risk for type 2 diabetes. It also makes it harder to be able to conceive. Since I was diagnosed with this condition, Dave and I have been very unsuccessful at having a child. We've tried and tried, practiced and practice, and had no luck. Over the past 2 yrs, I've had 2 miscarriages, the recent one being back in June.
Very few people know that I'd have a child the same age or a little older, than Tucker. Whenever I hold him, and he smiles up at me, I can't help but think it's my children's way of saying "Hi Mom" through their cousin Tucker. Mother's Day was not an easy day for me to trudge through. I fought the sadness that kept creeping in, knowing that Heather and Emily are mothers. (Heather is a stepmom to 4 kids.) As I was taking care of things on Facebook, trying to keep myself busy and distracted from my thoughts, I got a text message. Thinking it was a thank you from somebody I wished a Happy Mother's Day to, I took a look, and realized it was from Dave, who was working.
As I read the text, my tears started falling. Yes, they were tears of sadness, but also tears of pure love for my husband. I never really realized how deeply he loved me until that text message. This is what it said. " Just because our child is not with us right now, does not mean you do not get a Happy Mother's Day today. I love you!" I take him for granted a lot, and with the issues Lee and Janelle have with me, the way I've felt about myself for the last few weeks, I realized after that one text, that I've been pretty selfish. I've taken Dave for granted and didn't really pay any attention to his needs or feelings. I've been preoccupied, wallering in my self pity.
I am really blessed to have Dave in my life, and I would not trade him for anyone else. He has put up with a lot with me, and I don't know how he does it. I think the world of him, and with that one little sentence, it opened my eyes up to his heart. I LOVE YOU DAVE!

2 comments:

DAN said...

Yes Dave has remarkable patience. Nice to hear you are in good spirits. Love ya!

p.s. thank you for updating your blog.

Ender said...

I love you will all my heart, and you know that I always will. I am not sure what came over me at that time, but it was something that I felt I needed to say. We will see them again one day, and I look forward to that day.