Friday, April 17, 2009

The New Kids


Ok, so I'm not watching Kaitlynn full time anymore, but luck would have it, this woman who works at COSTCO needed a sitter for her 2 girls, and saw how good I was with Kaitlynn and asked if I was up for the job. We agreed on a price and I started watching them just this week. This little munchkin is Meado (pronounced Meadow) and believe it or not, she's 3yrs old. This is just the adjustment period, and she's so inquisitive to the point it's almost annoying. We're working on establishing who's BOSS between her and I, and predict that she'll be no problem once she adjusts. She has really taken to Dave, and looks forward to seeing him every day. The only downfall of the situation is that she's always looking forward to playing with Kaitlynn and Kaitlynn isn't with us anymore. Instead, she spends a few hours with me without any other kids, then we get her sister from Kindergarten at 1pm. That leads us to Chloe.
Chloe is 6yrs old and a really sweet kid. She's not doing bad at adjusting to me and establishing the understanding that I'm in charge, and helps out a lot with Meado. I can tell these kids are going to be as much fun as Kaitlynn, but more of a handful. We'll see for sure how good they'll be. It's interesting, their Dad use to work for Dave Fredrickson, and his cousin is married to my cousin.
Speaking of the kids, I've gotta get going to find something to keep them from being bored. They're having plenty of fun hiding under the computer desk, but unfortunately, it doesn't last forever.

No comments: