Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009

Well, we've just closed out another year. 2008 was quite an adventure for us here in Idaho. We'd found out that we were scammed out of the deed to our house, Grandma Wanda passed away, Dan and Chrystal moved to Texas, Marsh is going to be a dad, and Heather got a divorce. We ended up losing our house and moving in with Mom and Dad, it's okay but I don't want to be here forever. It has been a big help living with them as we're able to catch up on most of our bills, and can help them out occasionally.
Throughout the year, Dave has made a lot of progress in the Convergys Food Chain. He went from agent to coach, from coach to team leader, from team leader now to Remote Agent Supervisor which means he will be working from home within the month. We're all excited about it because he saves on gas, and doesn't always have to rush home to eat lunch, he can have it brought to him. I have been babysitting Kaitlynn, Layla and Colby. I'm not exactly sure, but I may be taking in a 5yr and 3yr sometime soon.
This Christmas we had LOTS of snow for the first time in years. I am sure people are going to think I'm crazy and need medication, maybe I do, but I don't care. I was thinking about things one day, and in my eyes, I think all the snow was a gift from Grandma Wanda. I felt her presence here, and I now she knew we loved the snow. Like I said, maybe I'm just crazy.
We've been religiously working on our budget, there have been a few setbacks, but we're doing good I believe, and are going to save for a trip to visit Dan and Chrystal in Houston around our anniversary if we can. I'm excited for things this year. I turn 31 on Monday, and then there are Dad's, Heather's and Chrystals birthdays. Mason goes in for surgery sometime this month. He has a lump on his chest the vet would like to remove incase it's a cancerous tumor. They're not going to knock him out completely, just get him "drunk" and then cut him open. I am going to ask if I can watch.
In February, I should be a new aunt. Tucker James Hollingsworth should be born, and a lot of us are hoping he'll be born on his due date (Feb.12th) as it's Grandpa Fredrickson's birthday. As you know, I want kids but am struggeling with conceiving, so part of me is jealous of Marsh and Emily, but I'm really happy for them, besides, I was the first to know she was prego. We've also got a few weddings coming up. Darcy is getting married in June, and Heather plans on getting married in July. Who knows, maybe this year Mom and Dad will be blessed with a second grandkid.
Well, that's pretty much all I want to say, hope you all have a happy new year and that your year is full of wealth and prosperity.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Hi Jessica! Very nice post!

Your birthday card is going to be a few days late. Sorry about that!