Monday, January 12, 2009

Aftermath Of My Unforgetable Birthday ER Trip




Ok, so the above photo is the result of 2 separate people trying to start an IV on a dehidrated Jessica in excrutiating pain. There are actually 2 puncture holes on that arm, they also tried to find a vein in my right hand and wrist. The vein in my right wrist blew, and I have a nice bruise that covers the top of my right hand. It was not the time of my life, that's for sure. Reading online about Kidney Stones, it can take up to 3 weeks to pass one, and I have been told it's worse than giving birth. I tell my family that I'm not passing a stone, I'm having a kid. Add to my experience, they want me to pee in a cup each time I use the toilet. This ususally isn't a problem for me except this is what the cup looks like:




The diameter of this cup isn't very big, so I have devised a "system" I guess you can say. This is what I do. I use an OLD 2c. liquid measuring cup to pee in, then pour it into the "cup" furnished by the hospital. That system seems to work, until I got a visit from "Mother Nature". They want me to save anything that remains in the cup, but with "Mother Nature" I don't think the Urologist would like to see that stuff.
Anyway, I have taken myself completely off soda, and am drinking 10 8oz bottles of water a day. I also have a 64oz mug that I have filled with Crystal Lite, and drink that when I'm tired of water. Life for me kind of sucks right now, but as long as I'm taking my pain pills, I'm surviving. That's pretty much all I spend my days doing, drinking lots of water, peeing and watching kids. I try to time my outings around the Potty Breaks for me because I really don't want to lug around my pee cups, just isn't my thing. Anyway, I'm taking off. I would like to thank Chrystal for helping me with my blog, you've been a lot of help and hopefully I can catch on a little quicker, keep an eye out, it might just improve. Any feedback you guys have on the changes I have or do make, would be greatly welcomed.

1 comment:

DAN said...

The new Design looks great! - now do something about your other one, it;s kinda old. :) Oh and TMI on the peeing in the cup thing. (there goes breakfast)

Love ya!