Monday, January 5, 2009

31 yrs and counting.

So today is my birthday. I don't get why people are so reluctant to grow older, to me, it's just another year. I've been razzed that I'm getting older by a few of my friends, and all I tell them is that I'm like a fine wine, I get better with age. Somebody once said, wisdom comes with age, and I can honestly see why that is. Anyway, this year I broke "Tradition", normally I gather all my friends and we make a trip to the Texas Road House. This year I have done a lot of thinking about this, and have decided that I feel that's the only time my friends want to do something with me so I'm canceling it for good.

It bums me out a little, but I would rather make special memories for my Birthday with my family and my husband. I had to work this year for my Birthday, if you really want to call it that. I got Kaitlynn at 6am, took a "nap" while she watched TV, then Marsh and Emily came and got us out of bed. I showered, gave Kaitlynn her bath, and then she peed her pants so I had to wash them. From that time out, my day has been one roller coaster after another. I placed a bid on Ebay for a baby doll like the one I had as a kid. As to be expected, somebody jumped in just before the auction ended, and then out bid me. Luckily I found another doll and bid on her.

While playing around on Ebay, I found a purse I'd LOVE to have. Sure, people say it's flipping ugly, creepy, whatever, but if you know me, you know I can't resist. (Come on, I had ORANGE tennis shoes not too long ago.) I finally convinced Dave to let me purchase this purse, and this is what it looks like.

Aside from the striped T-neck, it looks like Merlyn when I shave him short. I am very thankful that my siblings have wished me a happy birthday, and that those who remembered have done so as well. Yeah, I've had my ups and downs today, but I'm trying to make the best of it, who knows, maybe I'm just tired. I was happy to see Jared/Jordyn Lake though, we've been through a LOT over the years, and he/she is going through a tough time with thier ex-wife. It's good to be there for a friend.

2 comments:

Chrystal said...

Happy Birthday, Jessica! Check the mail in a few days.

DAN said...

Holy creepy purse batman! On the other hand a Mason Duffel bag would compliment it!

Happy Birthday!