Friday, December 19, 2008

A Day At The Vet

Ok, so I found a lump on Mason's chest last year. At the time, it was not much larger than a dime, then a few weeks ago, I noticed it had grown, and was pretty solid. I contacted the vet who wanted to see him, and we took him today. The doctor checked out the lump and said that he wants to remove it as soon as possible, that he doesn't want to take his chances if it's cancerous. Dave and I both have discussed this, and agree the lump needs to be removed, but can't afford it at this time. What the plan is now is to take money in each paycheck and start a credit with them, so when the time comes, we'll be able to pay for the procedure.
The best part of this is it's not going to be a serious surgery where he needs to be totally knocked out. Because of Mason's personality and aloofedness, they can remove it under local anesthetics. Luckily, all they really have to do is get him really drunk. Other than that, because he's a senior, they recommend a yearly bloodwork exam, and it's not cheap. I told them that we'd have to work on that one, but we'll see what we can do. Otherwise, Mason has an EXCELLENT bill of health, and I was told I should be proud of how good he looks. (As we all know that I am.)
We've almost completely moved everything downstairs now. I'm working on taking the rest of our stuff out of the livingroom so Mom can feel like she's got her house back. It's not going to be an easy process because I'll be doing it by myself and my body is still screaming from moving everything down since Sunday. I will manage though, and since I don't babysit tomorrow, maybe I'll just take two Advil PMs to help ease the pain. That's all I've got for ya right now. Hope this finds everyone happy and well. If this is my last post before Christmas, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

No comments: