Saturday, October 31, 2009

Good Therapy

As y'all know, I've been working on improving my crocheting, and lately, began to make hats. This Christmas, I plan on giving all my nieces and nephews home made hats and scarves along with their gifts, and as I was working on Faith's hat, the Elders saw them and wanted to pay me to make them one. Being Missionaries and a good source of therapy for me, I told them I'd make them the hats for free, they just needed to pick out their yarn colors. It took me 2 weeks to finish both hats, but I really liked the way they turned out. These are the hats.



I will not lie, though it was a ROYAL pain in the butt due to the type of yarn, the purple and black is my favorite. I didn't rig it to be striped, niether of them really, and it was soooooooooooooo soft. I think that I will start making more, and am toying with the idea of charging people for labor. They can furnish their own yarn, but depending on size, I'll charge them for the time it takes me to make them. I just need to decide on what would be reasonable, any ideas or suggestions???

3 comments:

DAN said...

So who is the Gay elder? as for pricing, if they provide the material, I dont think $10 a hat is too far out there.

Chrystal said...

I would suggest $12 or $15 per hat with you providing the material. You could set up an Etsy shop!

Jester said...

One Elder is from ElSalvador the other is from South Carolina. I will NEVER charge the missionaries for their hats, but just really don't know about the prices. Yarn itself runs anywhere between $3 and $8 depending on what kind you get.