Monday, October 5, 2009

My New Roommate

Today's entry is all about my new roommate. I call him Mighty Mouse, and this is why. A few days ago, Dave was sitting in our room, and saw a movement out the corner of his eye. The light was on, and 4 dogs were in the room, but this big mouse shot across the room, and under the door.
We let Mom and Dad know the following morning, they purchased more traps, and after it was baited and set, we placed it under our entertainment center. That night, as we were watching TV with the light on and 4 dogs in the room, again, "Mighty Mouse" ran across the floor, and into the closet behind Merlyn's kennel. Merlyn was sleeping soundly in his kennel, so we pulled it out, had "Mighty" cornered, literally, and sent Mason to catch him.
After a failed attempt at Mason chasing him, Gus caught on to the excitement, and before long, he joined Mason in tracking the mouse through the basement. The mouse had gotten away, for now, and everyone went to bed. Early this morning, when I got Dave up for work, I was getting ready to get up and turn the Bedroom light back off, when once again, Mighty darted from under the entertainment center and out the door. I know it's only a matter of time before he's caught, but I must say, this isn't any ordinary mouse, this is the first mouse I've seen that is brave enough to be seen by 4 dogs.

No comments: