Friday, July 24, 2009

One Giant Headache And Lesson Learned


On Tuesday, Marsh, Emily, Heather, Dave and I went to lunch at McDonalds. I wasn't that hungry, and neither was Heather, so we got Happy Meals. We all sat down and ate our lunch, Dave finished eating before everyone else and had to get back home to get to work, so I sent him ahead of us in the Tahoe. Before he left, I placed my wallet in my happy meal box with my apples I planed on eating later, and asked him to take them home for me. He said ok and then left, nothing else was said.
Thursday afternoon/early evening, I was getting ready to take Heather to dinner on my Gift Certificat to Texas Roadhouse, compliments of Jordyn, when I realized I didn't have my wallet. I turned to Dave and asked him what he'd done with the happy meal box, and I got the response I was hoping I'd never hear. "You told me to throw it away." I was horrified. Not only did it have my ID, Debit Cards, and at least $15 in it, but it also contained all my medical cards, pre paid legal card and other important items.
Why I did it, I don't know for sure, but I called up McDonald's and asked them when their trash gets dumped. To my dismay, they said it was just dumped today. I tearfully (yes, I cried over it) explained to them that there was a HUGE miscommunication between my husband and I, and he accidentally trashed my wallet on Tuesday. The gentleman on the phone apologized, and we hung up. Not knowing exactly what else to do, I called and ordered replacement debit cards, and then tried to gain my composure.
Once I was calmed down, Heather and I went to eat at Texas Roadhouse though we really couldn't afford it, it was a sacrafice that needed to be made because we were in serious need of Sister Time. I talked to her about the incident a little bit, and was shocked to hear that Dave asked her to drive him to McDonald's so he could go "dumpster diving". What was more impressive, and really touched me was that Heather offered to go dumpster diving with him to find my wallet. It meant a lot, and to those of you who know Heather, you know it was a BIG gesture on her part.
We had a wonderful time at dinner, talked about different things, how much her husband is liked, her car, whatever was on our minds at the time. After dinner, we came home, she went to help Chas and I got online for a bit. Now I'm going to spend time with my husband, and try to make him feel better about the whole thing. I'm slowly getting over it, and kind of dread getting a new photo ID, oh well, it's gotta be done.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

sorry you had to go thru that!