Sunday, November 8, 2009

Good Fun and Good Friends

Saturday afternoon we were blessed by a visit with some friends. Dave has known Rachel since High School, and I met her almost 14yrs ago at Idaho Business Week in Boise. It's a funny story with Rachel. Dave and I attended her wedding, then after they moved, we lost touch with her. When the time came that Dave and I got married, as a wedding gift to him, I found him his 2 best girls. It took a few months to locate them, but finally succeeded. He was delighted to see her and his other friend Heather at the Temple, and though everyone else thought it was weird to see me give my husband 2 girls for a wedding gift, it was the best thing he could have ever had.

We once again, lost touch after our wedding, then finally reconnected thanks to Facebook and Myspace. Well, I think it was about a month or so ago, when I found out that Les was being sent to Mississippi and they were moving there in January. I told Rachel that she HAD to come see us before they moved, and they made the trip this weekend. Les immediately began to give me a run for my money, and he was caught off guard MANY times when I had witty comebacks for him and gave as good as I got. Dave and Rachel got a kick out of us I think, and I really hope we can visit them more before they head south.



We took them to eat at Craigos where they got their first taste of Apple Beer, then it was off to Outer Limits for some 3D Blacklight Golf. They had a blast with that, and towards the end Les decided it was fun to pick on me. I kept throwing the wit back at him, and realized how like Dave he is. All in all it was a good, stress free visit.

No comments: