Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Biting Off MORE Than I Can Chew

Ok, so lately I've been intensely working on hats and scarves for my nieces and nephews Christmas gifts. Last week, since I shaved Merlyn naked, I decided to find a simple pattern for a dog sweater, and make him one to keep him warm. I found one online, printed it off and then went to work. It took me 2 days tops to finish it with doing a little altering. I put it on him and he totally enjoys wearing it, though I'm trying to figure out a way to make the back sit better on him.
Looking at the finished product, and back on all the other projects I've done, or am doing, I thought long and hard about using all the yarn I have to make afghans, dog sweaters, cat/dog toys, hats, scarves, and whatever else I can make or figure out how to make, and sell them. Chrystal has been telling me that I should sell them on Etsy, and it's been a thought, but I don't think I really want to pay for selling my stuff online. I have considered maybe posting items on my Facebook for people to see and possibly buy, but the only thing I see holding me back is the prices for things.
I do not know what people are willing to pay for my products, nor do I know what would be a reasonable price. Should I do special orders? Make up some in advance? I just don't know. I think it needs a lot more thought before I act upon it, I know for sure that Dave would be extactic if I used up all my yarn and retired my hooks for a while. My wrists and fingers would thank me for sure too. Who knows. This is what Merlyn's sweater looks like.

No comments: