Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Self Taught


As most of you know, I've been collecting TONS of yarn, most of it came from Grandma after she passed last year. Lately, I've been trying to learn new crochet stitches, and this is one of my new favorites. It's called the BOX STITCH, and it's a lot of fun to do. I'm making this afghan out of the yarn I got from Grandma, it's going to be white and green, then trimmed in black. The other yarn in the photo, the pink,blue,purple multi-colored is another stitch I'm trying called the SEED STITCH. It's going to be a blanket for Merlyn's kennel, and is yet, another easy stitch to do.

I catch a lot of crap for being so young and crocheting, but I have found it to be a good stress reliever, and a fun hobby. Dave doesn't like it at times because it takes up most of the time he wants to spend with me. I admit, I'm a bit addicted to it, I go pretty much everywhere with some form of a crocheting project, and work on things while I'm watching TV or trying to get sleepy. It has been the best therapy I've had yet. I'll post more photos of other projects as they come.

No comments: