Monday, June 15, 2009

FARKEL

Being a Facebook Junkie as some would call me, I have found a game called Farkel. Some people describe it as Yahtzee on crack, I just think it's a fun new dice game. Until recently, I thought it was a computer game, but then I got curious and Googled it. Come to find out that it's a REAL game, and comes in a travel tube. I have searched the local stores for this game, and haven't had any luck, that is until we went to Idaho Falls Saturday.
After spending what seemed like HOURS at the zoo, we went to lunch and then to the Mall. While we were walking through the mall, we went to Barnes and Noble so Dave could find a book he was looking for. I began to get curious, and went to see what games they had. As I rounded the corner, I came to a shelf that had 5 Farkel games on it. After the shock of actually finding it wore off, I looked at the price and decided to get it.
I haven't played it yet, and plan on it soon. Dave hasn't played it, and doesn't seem to want to, but I'm going to at least get him to try it once. If he likes it that's fine, if not, at least he tried it. It's one of those games you can play alone, and I"m sure you could make it so you played it like BUNCO. Knowing me, I'd find a way to do it that way. Anyway, that's the highlight I guess, next to finding out that BASKIN ROBBIN still carries my Daqueri Ice. I know that a 5 gallon tub of it is in my future. Enjoy the photos, some are of the zoo.


Heather thought it was cute that I had my head in the lions mouth, little does she know I feel that way every day. The duck literally dive bombed us twice while we were walking through. They should post a sign that says "Beware of KomaKazi Ducks" or somethin.

5 comments:

Jester said...

Whatever, funny thing is, it was heading straight towards Heather, and when I yelled DUCK, Dave almost hit the ground.

Unknown said...

Farkel/Farkle is an old game played all over the country under many different names. You can find an excellent version of the game at:

http://bestbackgammon.com

Jester said...

I know it's been around a LONG time, it's just new to my family and friends. But thanks for the comment.

Chrystal said...

I would worry about taking that purse to the zoo...the animals might think they are next!

Jester said...

LOL, well, the Lion did watch my every move when I saw them....