Sunday, February 8, 2009

No Such Luck


Since I have posted Tika on Craigslist, I've had a total of 2 people call about her. The first person called an hour after I posted the ad, she was looking for a dog for her husband, and seemed pretty excited to see Tika. They were supposed to drive from St. Anthony to see her, and possibly take her home. I never heard from them, and don't know if I will. Today, a woman called from Arco looking for a "buddy" for her 8yr old Black Lab. I told her all about Tika, and that we've got Dante, whom we'd preferr went with Tika because they're so close. The woman sounded interested, said that she has 3 acres for them to run and play on, and that she'd talk to her husband and call back when they were in the area. I told her that she's welcome to bring her dog along to see how they interacted together, she liked that idea but hadn't called back yet either.
Although it's a little discouraging, and it still breaks my heart to do this, but I know it's for the best. I can't help but feel like I'm letting them down, betraying them if you will, I know I'm not, if anything, I'm improving the quality of their lives. I really hope 1 of 2 things happens, we get into a place of our own where we can have them, or somebody follows through on taking them. I'm tired of them living like prisoners.

No comments: