Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A New Me


About 2 weeks ago, Dave let me pick up a workout DVD from Wal-Mart. We thought it'd be fun to start working out and losing weight before we get FAMILY pictures taken in April. This is the DVD I got, and it came with 2 bands, so I make Dave workout with me. Yesterday I gave it a try, they let you chose if you want to work the upper body, abs, lower body or the entire body. Because I want to lose a lot of weight fast, I chose to do the full body routine. The first time I did this, I had a 2yr old working out with me, and it was quite the workout. Later that evening, Dave said he'd give it a try and so we did the workout. By the end of the 10 min, he was winded, huffing and puffing.
This morning I woke up and can really feel my abs. They're pretty sore and it really hurts to laugh, but I think this is something that I can get into and do regularly. They also have one that is a dance routine, I've considered getting that one as well, and may just do so depending on the results I get from this DVD. I haven't really been excited to workout since Dan and Chrystal got me the Gazelle for Christmas (which I'm trying to get into the house to use again) and the Water Aerobics at Gold's Gym. Hopefully I can start feeling better about myself, I'll admit, it really bothers me to look in a mirror and see my spare tire, I yearn to be thin again. I'll keep y'all posted on what progress I make. Gotta run for now.

2 comments:

DAN said...

Good luck with that. Life is much better whn you realize that extra stuff is only the 2 year food supply built in! :)

Love ya

Jester said...

LOL, only from you Dan, only from you. I've stopped for now, only done it 3 times and I'm SORE! Thinkin 3 times a week for now will be sufficient until my body adjusts.
Love YA!