Friday, February 27, 2009

Could Have Killed Him

As you all know by now, Tucker was born Feb.11th. After he was born, his blood wasn't saturating properly, so they had to keep him in the NICU for a bit. I told Marsh and Emily that if they needed anything they could call me. On Valentine's Day, I got a phone call from Marsh at 7:30am. When I said hello, the first words out of his mouth is "We've got an emergency". I was instantly wide awake as my thoughts went right to Tucker. Then he told me that he'd found a kitten in the middle of his livingroom floor and it wasn't doing so good. He asked me to go over and help with the kittens, get them revived and what not while they went up to see Tucker.
When I got over there, Jezibelle had a total of 3 kittens, and they weren't doing too well. Dave and I began cleaning the kittens off and trying to get them stimulated to get their blood flowing better. It took some time, and hard work, but by the time Marsh and Emily got home, the kittens were nursing, Jezibelle had a total of 4 babies and all were doing well.
When things slowed down, I told Marsh that I could have killed him for making me panic a little about Tucker. He chuckled and said that he and Emily both thought about what he'd said after we got off the phone, and that he was sorry. I told him that I'll never let him live it down, and that it'd be fun to put the story into Tucker's Scrapbook. The funny thing is Emily was more worried about the kittens lives.

No comments: