Saturday, November 3, 2012

Looking Up


 This year my goal has been to better myself, not just physically, but mentally and spiritually as well. Early on, my goal was to attend the temple at least once a month, and we made it in January, but since then, it's been hit and miss. I was fortunate to make it to the Houston Temple twice while I was living with Dan and Chrystal, experiencing an endowments with Chrystal, then did a session on my own while they were out of town. Since I've been back, the closest I've gotten to going to the temple has been walking through Temple Square with Dave.
  I've been in Young Womens for a few months now, and though I'm not totally sure what I'm doing there, I'm enjoying it, and seeing myself grow each day and watching the girls turn into wonderful young women. I'm trying to focus on what I need to, and am finding myself turning more to the savior when I'm down then I do anything else. I"m finding a less tolerance for things I didn't think twice about before, and am beginning to embrace the gospel again.
  Being in Young Womens has helped me overcome a few things, and also to accomplish things as well. I don't remember ever finishing my Personal Progress, so with my girls, I've decided to work on it with them, and complete it as well. I have not made it back to the temple yet, my last visit there was in early May, but I've made it to church almost every week, and attend majority of my meetings. I'm not going just for me anymore, but as an example that it's where we should be. That though we'd rather stay at home and sleep in or hang out with friends, it's better to be at church, showing our savior how much we love him.

No comments: